Here’s an update. I’ve set up hosting (with RAID 5 mirroring and NAS backups, thank you) at Softlayer and am in the process of moving all the servers over. I’ll keep the current status updated here and at Leoville.com.
As of now here’s what’s happening:
- Leoville.com – moved but down due to hardware issues all day Wednesday. Now up and reliable (crossing fingers)
- Leoville.tv – move completed
- Leo.am – up and working fine, all netcast feeds are now good
- Leoville Town Square – back up, a few things are missing like PHP thumbnail resizing, and the old UBB board archive. Iâ€™ll get these back online as soon as I can
- TWiT.tv – move completed, there were some issues this morning, but moving .htaccess and fixing a MySQL naming error corrected them. Everything seems to be working fine. If you notice any lingering problems email me. Thanks for your patience during this move.
Since the server moves require IP address changes some sites may not work until your particular DNS server registers the change. This will go more smoothly with the TWiT and Leoville.com moves since the old sites will remain up until all all DNS records have changed over. With any luck you won’t notice the move at all.
The .am registrar has updated the address for leo.am but as of this morning it hasn’t propagated to the rest of the world. Since the netcast feeds go through leo.am theyâ€™re also down until the change propagates. That shouldn’t be too long now. Meanwhile all new netcasts are available at TWiT.tv – I’ve posted at least eight new shows since the feeds failed including a new TWiT. Once the feed goes back up you’ll see a lot of downloading – you might want to check to make sure you get all the back shows, however. iTunes and other netcast clients may only download the most recent show.
You may be wondering why I do all this myself instead of using a managed host, or paying a sysop. Because it’s so much fun, of course!
Thanks to the dozens of people who offered moral support, hosting, and technical advice. It’s nice to have so many friends.